Ventricular Pacemaker Rhythm - Course # 317-6
Ventricular Pacemaker Rhythm
- This rhythm is easily identified by the conspicuous presence of a pacing spike immediately preceding the QRS complexes.
- Sometimes there will be P waves in the tracing, sometimes there will not.
- Follow the five-steps of rhythm analysis and document as always.
- Analyze this tracing using the five steps of rhythm analysis
- Compare your answers with the answers on the next slide
Practice Strip Answers
- Rhythm: regular
- Rate 83
- P Wave: absent
- The PR interval: n/a
- QRS: 0.16 sec, wide and bizarre with spikes
- Interpretation: Ventricular Pacemaker Rhythm with 100% capture
317 Ventricular Pacemaker Rhythm - Course # 317-6