Interpretation - 314 - Junctional Dysrhythmias.
Please sign in to use this FREE module.
- The previous slides presented the five-steps of rhythm analysis. These five steps must be followed regardless of how simple of complex the tracing is you are reviewing.
- The information gathered in these steps are telling a story.
- The title of that story is the interpretation.
Junctional Dysrhythmias Background
- The dysrhythmias in this category occur as a result of a problem where either the SA node fails to initiate the electrical impulse to begin the cardiac complex, or the AV node rate of automaticity is firing faster than the SA node, and it takes over as the “pacemaker” of the heart.
- This can happen for a number of reasons. Stress, fatigue, diet & disease are the chief culprits.
Authors and ReviewersAuthored by Thomas O'Brien
Medically reviewed by Dr. Jonathan Keroes, MD, Cardiology
Last Update: 11/8/2020