ECG Axis Determination - Course | EKG.Academy.
ECG Axis Determination
Thomas E. O'Brien
AS CCT CRAT RMA
Upon completion of the accompanying narrative and practice the student will be able to:
- Recall which major coronary artery supports each region of the heart
- Associate the views of a 12-Lead ECG with specific surfaces of the heart
- Determine the presence of cardiac axis deviation
- People may choose to analyze ECG’s in a number of different ways. The sequence doesn’t necessarily matter as long as you gather and report the proper information each time. I read from left to right as much as possible (in anatomic groupings).
- If your protocols are different, always follow them.
- The following slides will review the leads, surfaces, and associated coronary arteries which commonly supply that portion of the heart.