Ventricular Asystole - Ventricular Rhythms.
Please sign in. This module is premium content.
- Another form of Asystole you may encounter is called Ventricular Asystole.
- The features are the same as traditional Asystole, with one exception.
- There will be P waves present in this tracing.
- The patient is clinically dead. The patient will not survive with just atrial depolarization.
- (Follow your local reporting and treatment protocols)
Analyze this tracing using the five steps of rhythm analysis.
- Rhythm: Regular
- Rate: Atria – 52, Ventricles - 0
- P Wave: Upright and uniform
- PR interval: absent
- QRS: absent
- Interpretation: Ventricular Asystole
Authors and ReviewersAuthored by Thomas O'Brien
Medically reviewed by Dr. Jonathan Keroes, MD, Cardiology
Last Update: 11/8/2020