Failure (Loss) to Capture - Pacemaker Rhythm.
- When a pacemaker loses its ability to cause depolarization (capture), the inherent rhythm of the patient will become present within the tracing.
- As mentioned earlier in this presentation you will note the presence of a pacing spike, but you will not see a waveform immediately following it.
- You will likely see a delay after the spike, then the presence of some waveform of different morphology
Practice StripAnalyze this tracing using the five steps of rhythm analysis.
- Rhythm: Irregular
- Rate: 80
- P Wave: absent
- PR interval: n/a
- QRS: 0.14 sec, two non-captured complexes 0.16 sec, all wide and bizarre
- Interpretation: Ventricular Pacemaker Rhythm with Loss of Capture