Heart Block Dysrhythmias - Course # 316-3
Introduction Part 1
- The dysrhythmias in this category occur for a variety reasons. It may be congenital as is often the case in First Degree Heart Block. They may occur secondary to medications or the result of transient illness or disease which results in tissue death affecting a portion of the conduction system.
- Each heart block has at least one distinctive feature making it unique when comparing them with other heart blocks and dysrhythmias in other categories.
- We will focus on those “unique” features during this presentation.
Introduction Part 2
- Sometimes organizing heart blocks can help you to separate one heart block from another.
- On the next slide we have organized heart blocks by constant vs. variable P-R interval.
Heart Blocks Chart
316 Heart Block Dysrhythmias - Course # 316-3